At Webhealth we have provided you with two different approaches to Tinnitus.
- An Alternative approach with some amazing results Click Here
- A Doctors approach read on….
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is the name given to the condition of noises ‘in the ears’ and/or ‘in the head’ with no external source. Tinnitus noises are described variously as ringing, whistling, buzzing and humming.
The word tinnitus describes the sensation of hearing a noise in the absence of any external sound. This noise may be heard in one ear, both ears or in the middle of the head or it may be difficult to pinpoint its exact location. The noise may be low, medium or high-pitched. There may be a single noise or two or more components. The noise may be continuous or it may come and go.
What causes Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is not a disease or am illness, it is a symptom generated within a person’s own auditory pathways. Although it is often assumed that tinnitus occurs as a result of disease of the ears, this is often not the cause. The precise cause of tinnitus is still not fully understood.
Who gets Tinnitus?
Experiences of tinnitus are very common in all age groups, especially following exposure to loud noise, however, it isunusual for it to be a major problem. There is a widely held misconception that tinnitus is confined to the elderly, but various studies have shown that it can occur at any age, even quite young children. Mild tinnitus is common – about 10 per cent of the population have it all the time and, in up to one per cent of adults, this may affect the quality of their life.
If you think you have Tinnitus
See your doctor. Tinnitus is rarely an indication of a serious disorder, but it is wise to see your doctor if you think you might have it. Should something treatable be causing it, you might be referred to a specialist.
Try not to worry
The noises may seem worse if you are anxious or stressed. When tinnitus starts, particularly if it’s sudden, you may naturally be frightened and your concentration or your sleep may be disturbed. You may get angry and frustrated because no-one else understands, or you may live alone and not have anyone to talk to about it – that’s where the BTA can help.
Find out more
You will probably feel better when you find out more about the condition – that it’s very common and you’re not alone. Many people say that they notice tinnitus less when they are doing something. Keeping your mind occupied helps (but don’t overdo things). If the noises seem louder at quiet times, particularly during the night, it may help to have soothing music or some other environmental or natural sound quietly on in the background. Practising relaxation and taking time out for yourself can also be a great help. If you would like to talk to someone about any problems you have, we can put you in touch with a support group near you. A lot of groups are run by people who are living with tinnitus – personal contact and shared experiences are very useful.
Information Courtesy of
The British Tinnitus Association
The Association was founded over twenty years ago by people with tinnitus for people with tinnitus
For Further information visit the website:
- 100Tinnitus is the name for hearing noises that aren't caused by an outside source. It's not usually a sign of any serious conditions and generally improves over time. There are treatments that can help. Check if you have tinnitus Tinnitus can sound like: ringing buzzing whooshing humming hissing throbbing music…
- 100Coping with the day-to-day symptoms of tinnitus is extremely difficult. Since the annoying sounds are audible to your ears only, you may feel alone in your suffering, but in actuality, you are only one of millions with tinnitus. Many others have gone through the difficulties of living with…
- 100Video:Channel:Project DorkkopiaDuration:9:45Description:Just a short video to describe my tinnitus. Please be warned that the beginning has a high pitched sound for the example of my tinnitus. Also, I do not promote any products to help get rid of tinnitus. I strongly urge against those programs and products and suggest a…
- 100Video:Channel:GailDavidDuration:0:31Description:Natural Tinnitus Remedies and a Holistic Way To Get Relief From Tinnitus. Tinnitus Terminator focuses on two ways to make your brain cut off tinnitus, i.e., Neuromonics and Sound Therapy. http://tinnitus-eraser.comtags:tinnitus treatment, tinnitus remeides, tinnitus remedies, tinnitus natural remedies, tinnitus medicine, tinnitus relief, tinnitus cure, cure for tinnitus, ringing in…